Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I think my Trainer Hates Me....

So it is 6:40 am, I just finished a workout with Aaron and I have come to the conclusion that he hates me. Now that I have decided that "It's my time to shine" Aaron thought it was his time to up the stakes on my workout....

At 5 am:
1) Raise hands above head while lifting your knees high and come down into a walking lunge....
2) Dumbell chest press while laying on the workout ball with my belly up to the ceiling...
3) Then Chest pull up with the TRX bands( I hate these bands) then....
It keeps getting worse. Then a funny thing Aaron asked me to come again this week and do it by myself....HA HA HAAA! The thing is I know that I won't push myself the way that he does but I will do the workout but shhhh just don't tell him that...

So Aaron is now excited that I've become motivated to get this last 50lbs over and done, so he wrote on my blog and here's what he had to say:

"Hello, my name is Aaron. I am Tracy's trainer!! She loves me! I have been working with Tracy for 2 years and she has done some amazing things. BUT....here is where we have some challenges. I am letting everyone know about this, because we all need to support Tracy. Sometimes that means "tough love". Tracy needs to be eating better. What I mean is cleaner. If Tracy can clean up her nutrition, I am certain she will drop more weight and she will do it quick. Now, Tracy I know you know how to eat properly!! So just ******* do it!! How bad do you want it??? I am calling all friends and family of Tracy Minnifee to hold her accountable".


So yes now that Aaron has put my business out there....LOL! Yes eating is the problem. I love food, food that tastes good, I love my Jamaican food with all the oil and fat. But he has a point, again don't tell him that as his head will swell...

Some of my weaknesses are chips and chocolate. So I always try and go for the 100 calories snacks. This would be fine if I didn't eat the entire box and use 500 cal in one sitting. Along with the Weight Watchers chocolate cakes....mmmmm! So they are 1 pt, so if I have one 5 of them that is only 5 pts. You see where my distorted thinking was playing a roll in crippling this process???

The truth about 100 cal snacks is that they are not anymore healthier for you than eating them from the regular size bags. I found this quote on a website asking the truth about 100 cal snacks....

"Selling these products in 100 calorie portions doesn’t make them any more nutritious. The fact is these snacks and others like them still contain the same “empty calories” as they always have. The manufacturers are simply saying that we, as consumers, can’t control our eating habits so they’ll do it for us. In addition, although these products are labeled as having 0 grams of trans fat they still list hydrogenated oil, which is laden with trans fat, on the ingredient list. Companies are exploiting the fact that the FDA allows food manufacturers to list 0 grams of fat if the amounts of trans fat is less than 0.5 grams per serving. And studies show that smaller packaging means less staying power, eventually leading to more frequent eating.

But what Aaron has been trying to tell me for years is that weightloss is 80% food intake, 20% workout...with that being said if I would eat more healthy and maintain a proper diet I wouldn't have to see Aaron as much....Sounds like a plan(LOL)

Me and Aaron have a love hate relationship as you see: He loves the pain he's inflicting and I hate letting him know that he is right....

And Again, I worked out with Aaron this morning and I hurt.....AGAIN!

6 comments:

  1. Great post! Theory to practice is the hard part! Do you do Weight Watchers? If no try www.sparkpeople.com you have to know the raw data ie., the number of calories or it won't work. He is right diet is 80%! Jamaican food isnt that bad you may need to check the portions jerk chicken is baked, curry is a stew so its more boiled/broiled, rice & peas in good keep it to 1 cup per serving! Keep pushing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elisa Sterling-Cowan
    I love this Tracy! This is awesome! And I love food too, and yes, the Jamaican food gets my props for sure. My recommendation would be to start with portion size (reducing portions) and timing your water consumption to about 15 min before you eat. Want that plate of oxtail? Chug down 2 cups or so of water first and let it settle...THEN have your food and save some for later. Imagine, you get to have it AGAIN at another meal! Saves more money too....WTG girl....you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesa Marshall
    I love your trainer and I haven't even met him! Right on the money! Thanks for letting us know what he had to say so we can help hold you accountable. Clean eating is challenging but not impossible. What has helped me is to have one cheat day per week. On that day I don't go too overboard and I stay within my daily alloted calories. I've found that... See More if I completely deprive myself when I fall off the wagon I go waaaaay overboard. I can gain all of the weight I've lost in a week in one meal. Also it's good to find healthier alternatives to your favorites. I also agree with Elisa with water and reducing your portions. Keep it up girl you got this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elisa Sterling-Cowan
    Wow Lesa! WTG with one cheat a week. I don't keep any junk in my house, but I can sure bake if it didn't take extra time hehe. Cutting out all the refined foods, especially sugar, enriched flours, soda, margarines made a huge difference when I started on my fat loss journey. And I wish cardio would work as well as lifting heavier weights for me....but at least it's less time and sweat with more pay off:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trac, I overstand...one day I asked my husband(who is very very Jamaican)..."where's the salt?" the man said he's been using it in the rice...the rice was good...trust I no longer eat his rice...best o luck...keep on keeping on...only eat breadfruit when u go ta yard! SMILES^_*
    Bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rochelle Dickenson
    Hey Tracy! I sent you a free food list and some REAL 100 calorie snacks that I use from www.vfl.com....I KNOW you can do this! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete